Every birthday I reflect on what I have achieved in the past year and every birthday it almost feels like a dark cloud coming over and you suddenly realise…shit, I am getting old. Now it’s not all doom and gloom getting old, there are some perks and one of them is that you finally figure your shit out. Usually, life can throw “distractions” in the way and one of them for me was my 7-year relationship. Now I am not going to say it was negative because it wasn’t and my ex-partner is a fantastic person but I will say it was a distraction for me. That’s what happens in relationships you get so caught up with the other person that you kind of ignore what you “really” want in life. Soon as I came out of that relationship it was terrifying, I was comforted for so long that I felt alien to the situation. I’m on my own now, I have no one to answer to and it’s just me myself and I, so what if I “wasted” 7 years of my life? Those 7 years taught me what I want out of a relationship and what I don’t want out of a relationship but 7 years is precious time so what am I going to do?
I am going to do what the f*** I want to do for once.
So I decided to put together a list of things I want to achieve before turning 30, I am 28 now so I have two years to achieve them. “Never dwell on the past” they say, that’s impossible because we spend most of lifes dwelling on the past but what we can do is change the present and the future. By learning from our past and getting up off our arses and doing the things we have always wanted to do. So, here are 30 things I want to achieve before turning 30 and some that I have already achieved in the past year.
- Move out– This is something that I could do now but I want to actually own my place, So i’m currently saving saving SAVING!
Start a blog Start up my photographgy business
- Write and film a short film/advert
- Caring more for my body e.g. Tackle the yeast intolerence diet.
- Pass driving test- driving has taken a back seat for a while because I have always had a phobia of driving (long story to explain why!) but now I am pretty confident on the road but I’m pretty sucky at manoeuvres because im such a short arse, I can hardly see anything! Next year is my year to pass!
- Travel to New Zealand– may need to get over my phobia first of snakes.
- Learn to cook a BAD ASS ROAST DINNER
Go to an elephant orphanage
- Visit Area 51– ULTIMATE BUCKET LIST DREAM RIGHT THERE
- Attempt the vegan diet or cut down on meat.
- Overcome my fear- absolutely petrified of snakes but I want to overcome this!
- Host a buffet party
- Go to HARRY POTTER WORLD
Give back- Charity Travel America
- Get back into running
- Do the sutton Coldfield fun run
- Change career
further my blogging career further my photography career
- Focus more on videography and create more video content for my photography business
- Buy a car
- Go on a digital detox weekend away
- Create my own photography book of Birmingham
- Learn to put on a good buff like the famous Marisa Langston buffet
Jump more often
- Build something- a piece of furniture maybe?
BE MYSELF- build thatconfidence and believe